1998 catera

I just bought a 98 Catera and after reading the manual and searchung under the hood for an hr I cant figure out how to chech the trans fluid or add some if needed. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
MES

MES,

The Catera is equiped with a Sealed Transmission. The fluid does not need to be checked or changed for 100,000 miles. If it is acting funny, check for an electrical problem first before going inside the tranny. There is a bolt on the side of the transmission that can be pulled and the level checked at the hole, it should be to the top, but if it is not leaking it is probably full. Find a competent electrical mechanic to run a diagnostic on your car before any physical repairs. Also be aware that used transmissions can be had for as little as $700.00 on the internet before doing any major overhaul. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Daddy

I have one and was confronted by same issue but when going through the maunal they say you do not even need to change the trans. fluid except you use the car like a Taxi, delivery vehicle, tow a lot, climb hills etc. interesting ehn?

Reply to
tuma

you have to put the thing on the hoist as there is no dipstick for the trany its a little complicated

Reply to
Teejaysingh