Dealer Service Dept - Charge to run the diagnostics?

The Dealer Service Dept informed me they charge $94 to run the diagnostics on my 2001 Deville DHS. Does this sound right?

I thought it was a push of a button and out spill the codes???

Reply to
Don Schmidt

"Don Schmidt" wrote

Yes and yes. Your vehicle is out of warranty, right? They are in business to make a profit. They charge for their time and expertise. Where is the problem?

Reply to
Ken Abrams

The button doesn't push itself.

Reply to
A Wolf of ill repute

Should I take the "Morning after pill"?

Reply to
Don Schmidt

Nah. I've been "fixed".

Reply to
A Wolf of ill repute

'Wasn't thinking of you, my friend; I was thinking of the dealer's service pushing the button. 'Wonder what the charges are for using pliers? Now I know what they call um screwdrivers. :-)

Reply to
Don Schmidt

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Realistically, If all you want is a code, then push the info up, and on/off buttons at the same time. After the segment check then you can read all the codes using info up/down and on/off to backtrack. There you have it, simple. Then find somehow to decipher the code(s) and make a meaningful diagnosis based on that information. Give the dealer all this information, and maybe you will only be faced with a repair cost. But, that will be from your diagnosis, and the repair based on your diagnosis would be made at no guarantee.

Reply to
Certainly