1967 camaro 327 engine

does a 1967 327 engine with a pcv valve need a vented oil cap? i'm getting mixed answers from mechanics. or do i remove the pcv valve and use the vented oil cap?

Reply to
rnhrtjrfan

Yes you need the vented oil cap!

When the PCV valve pulls vacuum, the air has to enter the engine from somewhere. Later years the air went through the breather mounted in the air filter.

What kind of incompetent mechanics are you patronizing?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Probably the same ones I am.. lol

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops (For sale for $2,200) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Reply to
KITT

LOFL!

No wonder why my customers like me?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

yeah I wish you lived in my town, I'd be asking you car questions all the time! Terry

Reply to
Terry

Ha ha.. I'd probably have both my cars camped outside his door with a perminent parking pass! :)

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops (For sale for $2,200) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Reply to
KITT

I wish I had neighbors like you guys!

My neighbors are grumpy old pricks!

They complain about me parking customer's cars, and when I start a performance car, look out.

I can't wait till I do a big block Chevy Camaro, just to do an 8500 RPM Posi burn out in front of the shop!

LOL

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

The internet:

Next best thing to being there!

Ask away, I'll gladly help anyway I can. If I can't, someone else surely will.

We're all friends here!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

My neighbors tolerate me starting up my Camaro in the morning, they just stare...screw 'em I say. I've gotten kind of used to the stares, driving a 37 year old car.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

What I really need is someone to help me with the 'tricks' of the more minor issuse of classic car restoration and maintenance, that's my big downfall-- I end up letting someone else do it, and spend big bucks in the process. My son and I have been kicking around the idea of building a first gen Camaro from subframe up-- take a couple years doing it, so it would be done by the time he's 16. I'm hesitant about some things, like welding body panels, etc. So we're still thinking about it. I'd really like to say that once in my life I've built a camaro bolt-by-bolt.

So if any of you on this ng would like to come live in my garage for a couple years & work on old cars, come on over!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Lol.. if I would know HALF of what my dad knows, I'd be there in a heart beat... too bad hes never home to let his knowledge rub of.. But I want to do the same thing with my '88.. tear it down as far as it will go... and do a full rebuild....Steph bought the 2 rotors, oil seals, and a new caliper yesterday.. I have the inner bearings.. just need to get the outer bearings and the flex hoses and WE.. yes I said WE, might be tackling the brakes by the end of this week!! Wish us luck! Lol.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (148k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops (For sale for $2,200) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Reply to
KITT

OH man, you're making me jealous, my wife HATES cars! I did have a girlfriend in college who worked on cars with me, we 'restored' an old Camaro with fiberglass patches and primer paint. I ended up selling it to her, in my dreams I imagine her still driving it but probably not.... Anyway it is too bad you can't have your dad tutor you on car restoration...

--Terry

Reply to
Terry

Don't forget to pack the bearings before you install them. I use Castrol synthetic grease myself. A couple of dollars more but the can will most likely last you the next ten years. Don't go the sissy way and buy a bearing packer, just grab a nice handful and do it yerself. Nitrile gloves work well if you don't want to get grease all over your hands.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Yeah, I was planning on doing it myself... did it once on the '85.. not a real fan of slopping up my hands with grease.. bbut to do it right, I'll bit the bullet. :)

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (148k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops (For sale for $2,200) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops for parts from one
Reply to
KITT

I can talk you through it!

It's a piece of cake, don't be intimidated by it. I was offered a job as a Vo-Tech instructor for problemmed children, because they sent all the problem students to my shop for OJT, and they're marks went up.

So I can coach you!

We'll just figure how to swap e-mail addresses, so none of the vultures get mine.

I'll gladly help. Especially now that I have a building again, and am almost in full operation. It makes me happy to work.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I do it the sissy way!

I've got 35 years in the business, I can say I paid my dues! Every time I went to pee, there were wheel bearing grease fingerprints on my Johnson, so now I buy the grease in cartridges and use a packer!

I hope that doesn't change your opinion of me? If it does, it should only let you know I'm smarter, when it's time to finger my sweetly, my fingers don't smell funny before.

Only after!

LOL

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

My sentiment is:

Joke em, if they can't take a f*ck!

LOL

Refinish King

PS Would you like to move to Elysburg, PA? We can both give the neighbors hell?

Reply to
Refinish King

I also have clean hands when finished. Nitrile gloves are the schnizzle de pizzle.

...Ron