1996 Camaro

I have a 96 camaro that I just put a new 3.8L engine in and the transmission will not shift.When you start out in 1st gear you have to floor it and it will go up to 5500 rpms and then it shudders and it does
not alway shift into 2nd.If you turn on the 2nd gear start button it struggles and shudders to shift into drive.I dont know if any of this is related but the speedometer does not register the proper speed in witch you are going.All the basic checks have been made,oil level,shifter adjustment,no leaks,all the electrical plugs are pluged in,their was one plug on the tail shaft of the 4L60-E that the wires pulled out of,I spliced them back together and taped them.I hope I have given you enough information.Please help

Doesn't the TV cable need to be adjusted when you change out a transmission? Sorry, I've never had to install a more modern transmission like the 4L60-E, I have seen and heard that the TV (?) cable is them means by which the transmission knows how much fluid, or which valves to open and at what time to propel the vehicle down the road.
domin8er wrote:

Definitely related to the speedo. That's how the trans knows when to shift. Fix the speedo (speed sensor likely).
domin8er wrote:

The wires that pulled out are probably related to the speed sensor which if not functioning correctly would cause the symptoms you descibe. You need to get the wires properly fixed with a good solid connection, and maybe replace the speed sensor which might have been damaged when the wires got pull out.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI