1998 V6 camaro upgrade questions.

I have a 1998 V6 camaro. It has almost NO power and I would like to upgrade. What are some good things to look into. I've searched but it's hard to find stuff for a V6 and I think that the year 98 is a hard year for stuff. Money isn't really an option but I would not like to spend thousands, you know what i'm talkin about. I dont even know of a good exhaust because it's only a V6, what would even sound decent and not like total crap.

Thanks to anybody that helps I would really appreciate it alot.

LaRrY

Reply to
Larry Durst

Pacemaker has headers for about $250 via JC Whitney, a Borla Cat Back kit is about $700 and sounds really nice. If cash is an issue, check out the Flowmaster cat back kits on Ebay. They go for about $300 pretty regularly. The V-8 kit is exactly the same for the V6. If all else fails, go the supercharger route. Only about $3500, IIRC from RKSport.

For V6 parts, go to

and you can look at
for tips on improving performance. Sleazy Rider

2000 Camaro convertible w/3.8L 2001 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"

Customer: "Are you crazy, man, it's twenty below outside..."

Reply to
Sleazy Rider

How not to make your V6 run/sound better.... Well let me just say I have the same car, 98 w/ V6 - bought it brand new. I'll tell you what I have tried, (cheap routes). I had the single exhaust changed with a flowmaster (cat back only) and had original camaro tips added, looks great and sounds awesome, sounds really mean - at idle only. Once I get RPM's up though, sounds like a pissed off bumble bee. Dont do it. I had to go get them changed already. Next thing I did was add the K&N air filter (filter only) because I could not find the complete kit on K&N's website like you can easily find for a V8....... Well that was a nice thing to have for about $90.00 but no difference in Horsepower from any of these modification..(at least that I can tell)... So if you find a way to make a V6 run anything like my roomates V8 - night and day, then let me know as well.

Frank

Reply to
Frank