03 Suburban Trailer Brake

I have an 03 Suburban 1500 which I recently purchased that has the towing package. Today I connected a trailer brake controller to the trailer 6-way slot on the instrument panel block and noticed I wasn't getting any power to the brake controller (no light on controller when brakes applied). I then plugged my trailer's 7-pin connector into the Suburban and the trailer brakes were not being activated; however all the trailer lights worked fine.

The owner's manual mentions a trailer battery feed fuse is needed. Is this the fuse that goes in the underhood fuse block in Stud 1 or 2? Stud 2 has a 30 amp fuse but there's nothing in Stud 1. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply to
parker_ds

look in the fuseblock for an empty space that has connectors on both sides. If you find one stick a fuse in it and then test the controller

Reply to
ScottM

Stud 1 is for the trailer power. Also be sure the controller harness is for a 2003 + and not a 2002 and older, they changed the pinout of the plug in

2003.
Reply to
Eugene