1989 2.5l s-10 ECM problem?

I have the afore mentioned truck. When drilling a hole in the firewall I managed to short two wires together in the wiring harness. (Can find out which two if you would like) Tried a scrap yard ECM w/ proms, tried the new proms in my ECM, my proms in the new ECM... still no check engine light. Got a new ECM and tried the original and scrap proms, still no check engine light. Car was running just fine before this incident. Could a new set of proms fix my problem, or is there anything else anyone can think of? Thank you very much.

Reply to
John Hutchins

My first thought is that you popped the ECM fuse. Have you checked it? If so, have you actually checked for power at the ECM? Bob

Reply to
Bob

Checked every single fuse the day it happened-all looked good. Haven't had much luck finding any kind of pin out for the ecm, but which ones would be power? Making an edjumakated guess from a computer back ground it actually looks like I shorted a power wire (+/ground not known) to a "sensor/data" wire.

Reply to
John Hutchins

Pin A6 which should be a pink wire with a black stripe should be switched power, B1 and C16 which are both orange should be hot at all times. Bob

Reply to
Bob