1994 K-1500 Air Cond blinking.

1994 GMC K-1500

"AC" is blinking on the climate control display. Compressor will not cycle to take in freon.

I jumped the low pressure side.. no clutch cycle. I jumped the high pressure side... no clutch cycle. I jumped both sides.. no clutch cycle.

Reply to
BLB

Kevin from another board answered it for me! Evidently, a fault is detected if the clutch does not cycle within so many times in so much time period. When this happens, the AC faults. He told me to disconnect the battery to resolve the fault. So I disconnected the batery, jumped the low pressure switch, then reconnected the battery. Started the truck, and the AC compressor was working!!! I immediately put in the freon charge, and removed the jumper & reconnected the switch. Now enjoying cold air.

BLB wrote:

Reply to
BLB

Thanks for the update BLB

Reply to
rb

I am having a similar problem with my 94 1500 PU. How does one jumper the low pressure switch ? EEC in Fl.

Reply to
Elton Cameron