1996 Chevy Blazer S-10 Airbag lights stays on

Iam looking at an Chevy Blazer (S10) 4x4 Compact SUV to replace my daily driver. Its 140K with the the ligts on air bag stays on. I dont mind being the light on, aslong as its functional. Will it go thru MVP Inspection with the Airbags lights on? Or any easy way to fix it? If its a dealer job, how much deduction should I take on the price.

Appreciate any help.

Sams.

Reply to
sams

================================= If the light is on chances are it wont deploy, in fact, I think it wont for sure. Dont know about the inspection. That would be a great barganing tool, I would go for $500. You need a good scanner to diagnose it so the dealer or a good shop will have to do it. It could be easy ($100), or it could be hard ($500 or more.) Seams a truck with that many miles would be hard to sell so you should get it pretty cheap anyway. GL

Reply to
Scott

If this vehicle was at any sort of reputable dealer, I imagine they'd fix the airbag problem before selling it. If I was looking at a vehicle and ANY warning light came on, I'd start looking at another, even if it was THE vehicle I wanted.

Reply to
Mike Levy

check the fuse, I know on my truck the light is on due to the fuse being pulled out. (but my truck is a single cab, and one of my kids normally sit in the middle of the bench this is the reason the fuse is pulled)

Reply to
bubba in italy