2002 Silverado performance boosts?

Is there anything that can be done to boost performance in my 02 Silverado with a 5.3 V8 and it is a 4x4? I was thinking in terms of improved air filtration, air intake etc. I do not want to get those noisy flow master exhausts.

Reply to
JR

Whipple supercharger and/or Westers chip.

I don't think you will find any real improvement with aftermarket air filters and intake etc. At least not worth the money for what little real world performance difference they may make.

Reply to
Diamond Jim

-- Truck performance section. :)

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

There are different flowmasters you can get! Usually the 40 series 2 chamber are the ones people get for the performance and noise. I have the

50 series 3 chamber ones, they still sound great, and the Inside Cab noise is quite a bit less noisy! You can even get a SUV Flowmaster that's larger and quieter yet, inside and out and still get the performance. Go to a Local Muffler shop that deals in a lot of flowmasters and they can help you with what exactly your looking for. There's a thousand ways of doing it.

Spend a little more and you can go all Stainless steal and not have to worry about it rusting out any time soon.

Reply to
JBDragon