2003 Silverado w/keyless remote

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I'm looking for info on "how & if" I might be able to turn "Off" the horn tooting when I engage the remote lock.

I've looked thru the owner manual but nothing is mentioned. I haven't called the dealer yet...

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Rick Gacioch

Thanks for the quick reply, but I should have clarified myself.

I've had a "remote starter/alarm" added to my truck. It was originally installed two years ago in another truck I had.

Presently, when I arm my alarm, it locks the doors, chirps twice and toots the horn. (the chirping is from the added alarm) If later, I use the remote starter to say cool or warm my truck ahead of time, my horn toots, and then the truck starts.

When I go to get into the truck, I hit my remote, the alarm chirps twice and the doors open. After I get into the truck, put my key in the ignition, turn it to "run", step on the brake and put it into gear, my driver door ajar warning goes off even though the door isn't open.

This only happens when I use the remote starter.

I was looking for a way to "shut off" the horn tooting when the Chevy factory alarm is engaged. The door ajar alarm is a whole other issue with my remote starter.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks again....

I'm looking for info on "how & if" I might be able to turn "Off" the horn tooting when I engage the remote lock.

I've looked thru the owner manual but nothing is mentioned. I haven't called the dealer yet...

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Rick Gacioch

It all depends on the manufacturer of your alarm. Is there an installation manual?

Reply to
Stan