2004 tahoe question, sure this is the same on a silverado/sierra

Question on a tahoe.

Looking at a 2004 tahoe, showing 127k kms on the dash

The truck is american, and the owner says he had the cluster changed as it was failing as i'm sure some of the chevys did.

Question is, the 127k that is showing, is that the true mileage, or when he had that installed would that have reset the dash to zero?

Original dash was an american MPH one, the new one is a KMPH metric dash...

Just wondering if the mileage showing is TRUE, or 0 since he installed the new one.

Reply to
Mudflap

One other thing you may do depending on state is pay and pull a carfax. Many states record the odo at annual inspection; you can get a good idea from that record. It's also not a bad idea in general - carfax will show if there are any claims for flood, crash on that VIN.

Reply to
Miller

Question on a tahoe.

Looking at a 2004 tahoe, showing 127k kms on the dash

The truck is american, and the owner says he had the cluster changed as it was failing as i'm sure some of the chevys did.

Question is, the 127k that is showing, is that the true mileage, or when he had that installed would that have reset the dash to zero?

Original dash was an american MPH one, the new one is a KMPH metric dash...

Just wondering if the mileage showing is TRUE, or 0 since he installed the new one.

I have an 04 Tahoe that had the instrument cluster replaced as well. The new one reflected my existing mileage, didn't get any freebies there. It's odd that they would switch from MPH to a KPH setup. That would have me question if they computed the difference or just said 50k miles equals 50k KM....

Reply to
Brian V

I had to replace my main computer. Dealer pulled data from the old, and it shows my mileage on the engine. Which was replaced, so it had fewer than the chassis. Might check with the dealer, them may have access to that info.

An 04, that's about 20k a year. That's not bad.

Reply to
bilz2765