350 V8 in Mazda Pickup

$3300.00 obo

1989 B-2000. Southern Calif. vehicle. (Still located there) Straight/unaltered body. Chevy 350 C.I. engine w/approx. 70,000 miles. (Doesn't leak or smoke.) New 3 row radiator; Holly 650 cfm 4 barrel carb; Edlebrock intake manifold; headers; HEI dual turbo mufflers (quiet); Chevy 700R4 auto trans (beefed by Jet - not computer controlled); 69 Chevy Nova rear end. Also has new tires and front brake pads; 5 lug 14" rear wheels (Chevy); 6 lug 14" front wheels (Mazda;) soft vinyl bed cover. No accidents.

Owner willing to deliver.

Pics on request

Rick Ruskin Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA

Rick Ruskin

I would be intersted in seeing pictures. I used to build custom Lowriders out of Mazda's I had an 86 B-2200 2 89 B-2000's They are the best looking mini truck to use for Lowridin' in my opinion. Have a Great One ! Bob

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:52:24 -0800, Rick Ruskin put forth the notion that...

How did you get it smogged and registered in So Cal with a non-stock engine in it, since it's less than 25 years old?

Reply to
Checkmate

He's had this on eBay before. I saw it there when I was looking around the autos... I'd like to know why it didn't sell there....buyer beware................

~KJ - an eGay power seller~

Reply to
KJ

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:39:33 GMT, KJ put forth the notion that...

Most likely because it isn't street legal in California, and probably doesn't have current registration.

Reply to
Checkmate

The pix I saw of it would best be described as "bleh" also. The miss-matched wheels also put me off....

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Hi Checky!

I don't recall exact details, but I did read somewhere that even those unlucky enough to live in California could do such things to vehicles if certain criteria were met. I think one of the rules was that the vehicle had to have a sticker on the body somewhere stating that the vehicle's power train was not original but had been tested to comply with smog and other regulations and had passed.

Just a guess, which I'm good at. Can't even think where I read it.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 02:21:13 GMT, William R. Walsh put forth the notion that...

I've got a neighbor down the street with a similar mess, and he's had nothing but trouble trying to get it registered. In his case, he bought the truck with an earlier engine already in it. It came with a special exemption sticker because the engine swap had been made before the State passed the law prohibiting it. I'm not sure why he had problems since he had the sticker, but he ended up having to go to a smog "referee" station, where they told him he couldn't get it passed with the wrong engine in it. Seems that everyone he's talked to has told him something different, so now he's stuck with a pig in a poke. As I understand it, if the body is more than 25 years old, you can do whatever you want to it, but if it isn't, you're at the mercy of whoever inspects it each time. If one idiot decides to flag it for some reason, you're screwed. Not only that, they put it in the State computer, so it follows you if you try to take it somewhere else.

Reply to
Checkmate

Hi!

Eeeeugh. I'm sure glad I don't live in CA.

-- William

Brought to you by an IBM PS/2 9585-0XF, "Defiant" AMD 486-133/64MB/2GB S/N 23HN457

Reply to
William Walsh