Truck will not turn off

My truck would not turn off. I had the truck in park, but the key would not rotate to the off position. I had to pull the fuse for it to finally turn off. I was able to remove the key, but the part that the key goes into is stuck in the on position. Can anyone tell me what needs to be replaced? Thanks

Reply to
jackio

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

I had the same problem except it wouldn't go to the lock position. Only to off. Dealer replaced the switch, key stayed the same and problem fixed.

Good luck,

Karl

Reply to
Silverado

Have you tried wd40 or something similar.

I had a problem with my lock cylinder (89 S15). a shot of wd40 cured it.

Reply to
High Sierra