'88 2500 no brake lights????

Clearance lights work, signals work, 4 ways work, no brake lights. Checked fuses, checked bulbs, replaced them with new just to be sure.

I replaced the brake light switch, that didn't work so I exchanged it for another one (just to be sure the part wasn't bad)

I did some googling and saw that the circuit board in the tail lights could be bad. I took a look and they are fine. I took a multimeter and checked the voltage at the bulbs and there's nothing getting to them when the brake pedal is pushed.

What's left?

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Turn signal switch. The brake light circuit runs through the turn signal switch so the circuit can be broke to one side or the other when the turn signals are used, other wise both sides would flash.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Another suggestion I came across in my 88 was the main wiring harness where it goes from the inner fender down to the frame rail. I had the inner fender cut through the plastic loom and then the tail light wire. That one took a couple hours with a test light and many bangs of the head on the undercarriage to find.

Hope you find what the problem is!

Reply to
Edmonton ChevGuy