92 suburban radio

The past few weeks my factory radio has been giving me some issues. Some days it seems to work fine, others it starts getting a popping sound and I have to turn it off. Mine is the one that has 3 parts, 1 in the dash above temp, one tucked behind the dash and then an EQ/Tape player that is mounted near the glove box.

I have another 92 Chevy Truck, that I can test radio pieces from, but my wife drives that and I don't want to start pulling her entire radio apart until I get this somewhat troubleshooted. I'm sort of leaning towards something being wrong with the EQ, because when it does this, the EQ gets reset.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks

Reply to
MASTER Brian