96 GMC signal problem

I have a 96 GMC K1500 that has a issue with the left side rear turn signal and brake light. The left front will flash very fast, but it does flash. The left rear will not flash and the brake light will not work. The tail light does work on that side. I've even had the back-up light and flasher alternate back and forth while the emergency flashers are operating on that side. I checked the bulbs and changed the flasher without any success of fixing the problem. I've also looked for faulty wiring without success. This only happens on the left side as the right side works fine. This just started yesterday. Any ideas on what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
tiger69k

My wife had a '94 blazer vortec with a simalar problem. It was caused by a clogged egr valve. Took it to a shop they cleaned it out and siad next time got it up to temp and run it on the expressway "fast to clean the carbon out". Try that it worked for us Mel

Reply to
Mel II

sorry wrong place

Reply to
Mel II

Sounds like a bad ground on the left rear. Check the lamp assy closely for a loose connection (if its not all just sockets). Follow the wires from the lamp assy and see if you can find where it grounds. Its probably coroded at the point.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

It turned out to be a faulty rear taillight connector plate. They have these at your local NAPA for $32.50. It takes all of 3-5 minutes to change if anyone else runs into this problem and wants to save some$$$$..

Chris

Reply to
tiger69k