98 Astro van transmission question

After driving on the interstate for a while, when we get off of the interstate and pull up to a stop sign (or whatever), when we take off again there is a "clunk" and a jerk when the van shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. It only does this occasionally, and it never does this during normal city driving -- only occasionally, after extended interstate driving.

Again, this problem is intermittent. Could this be a problem with the trans control module, or is it a sign of an actual transmission (mechanical) problem? If anyone has experienced this problem, feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Reply to
Rad17

Go have the computer scanned at Autozone or NAPA (it's free). Ten bucks says you find a P1870 in there, which is an internal transmission problem.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"