98 S10 Starts then stalls.

Jumped in the truck this morning and started it up. The engine fired and then immidately stalled. Tried a second time and same thing, started then stalled. I can hear the fuel pump come on when I turn the key to start. Any thoughts on the problem. Any way to get it started long enough to drive to the mechanic instead of calling the tow guy??

Reply to
Jimmy

If it matters, it is a 2.2l 5speed with 145k miles. Been sitting in the driveway for about 4 days.

Sorry about the omission.

Reply to
Jimmy

Maybe you need to replace fuel filter.