99gmc service 4x4 light

I own a 99 GMC four wheel drive druck. Every time I drive it the "service four wheel drive light" comes on after about 5 miles of driving. I have taken it two or three times to two different mechanics, they put it on the computer and find nothing. Anyone know how I might fix this?

Thank you!

RM

Reply to
RiverMan

They probably aren't checking the history codes. No doubt they would find the 2725 code, which indicates a problem with the 4x4 dash switch.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hmmmm, I don't know anything about what they are checking Ian other than they tell me "it doesn't show anything". It drives me crazy when I am driving as it just stays on all the time. I tried wiggling the switches on the dash to see if the would go off but no luck.

RM

Reply to
RiverMan

If it's the new Body style, It could be the cold solder

joints on the 4 button 4x4 dash push buttons......

Reply to
Dennis Mayer