ac/heater fan cuts in/out

The fan on my '95 Tahoe will suddenly stop anywhere from a few seconds to days. Sometimes I can get it to restart by hitting on the fan unit under the dash. There's no bearing noise--it sounds like an relay or something electronic on the fan motor. Any ideas?

Reply to
geodav

If smaking the fan motor gets it working, its the fan motor, its only 12 years old.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning