AC sealer worked

Tried the $23 can of AC sealer from Walmart, came with a dispenser hose. That and one can of gas, and the AC cools some what. I think the charge weight is more like two pounds, got to check under the hood. But, the sealer from Interdynamics seemed to work OK. Several days later, I've still got AC, where before a charge lasted over night.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What kind of sealer was it? The kind that sets up when it is exposed to moisture or the "other kind" that isn't affected by moisture? From what I read about the "other kind" it seems like they should work pretty decent.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I'm not saying you'll have problems but that's the "bad" kind. It has the potential to clog the system if any moisture gets in it. Also has the potential to clog recycling equipment if someone were to try and recover the refrigerant. I've never used either kind, this is just based on reading quite a bit of info on ac sealers. The "good" kind tend to cost about twice as much and are usually injected with an oil injector gun so they tend to be used by shops rather then DIYers. If your system ever develops another leak you should evac and flush it right away - if you let it sit and if any air has gotten in it the stuff will probably "set up".

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

WallMart has one that seals, has a gauge, and the oil in one can,for $25.00. It didn't work for me though. I am waiting on a new evaporator.

Reply to
4546