Advance Auto brake pins

Got a call, from my friend with the 93 Buick Station Wagon. The brake pins on his right front wheel had been scoring the rotor. We backed out the pins, ground about 1/8 inch off the tip, and put them back.

I'm disapointed they were too long. And now he's a got a scored rotor. Between us, we had the skills to do the repairs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You have been having all kinds of fun this month

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

More, today. His exhaust pipe sheared, just back of the cadillac converter flange.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had a problem today with the front drive shaft on my ford wheel drive truck, still drives in two wheel drive.

Reply to
jt

Gee, that sounds rough. I sure hope it's an easy repair.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wow, that sounds rough. I hope it's an easy repair, for you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

| > I'm disapointed they were too long. And now he's a got a scored | > rotor. | > Between us, we had the skills to do the repairs. | >

| > -- | > Christopher A. Young | > Learn more about Jesus | >

| > . | >

| You have been having all kinds of fun this month | | Diesel.

Just maybe, someone at the parts store sold you the wrong pins and neither of you were bright enough to catch it before installing them. (How do you install pins that are too long and touch the rotor in the first place?)

Now, you can't even correctly spell catalytic (cadillac) convertor.

I'm thinking neither of you should be effecting car repairs.

Reply to
Steve

I guess if you don't know how pins can be too long, you aren't a gee whiz mechanic, then?

I'd explain the spelling of "cadillac converter" and why it's funny, but I wouldn't want to confuse you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon