advice on tank/sending unit remova; needed

I believe my seding unit or maybe a hose from it is leaking. The truck leaks gas from around the tank when it is running.

Any tips for dropping the tank and removing the sending unit?

It is a 88 1500 standard cab.

Reply to
Connor

Mine's a 99 Z71 and I've heard its easier to lift the bed than to drop the tank. Never tried it yet - but it won't be long - my fuel pump has 110k miles so it'll puke before long.

Reply to
George

Dropping the tank is a pain, take bed off if you have an engine hoist, cut 2x4 so you can evenly lift the bed by yourself, if not 4 guys will be needed to do this easily

Reply to
Patrick Colwell Jr

Reply to
JOSEPH RUSSELL