Average life of OEM Fuel Pump

Personul (typo-ona-purposha) oppinion.

Mine isn't.

Yes it is. It's an incredibly beautifull place. Just ask Pete Carb or Elliot and they will tell you.

No just trying to be abusive.

I was driving that basically because I WANTED too. The MPG was never a concern, a $100 week in gas was the normal too. I scooped up the first nice one I could find around here. Could have gotten a much newer truck - but I chose not too.

The fact that it's TBI and it WORKS is the contradictory part. :-) I still like both systems. I have a 1972 that I plan on keeping carb so I can learn about both the "new" and the "old".

I think it was an assumption unfounded. [and wrong]

Reply to
KJ

I was the author of the original "ignorant" post you responded to first. Before you start bitching about ignorant posters and your low lack of tolerance for them, you should go back and read your reply. I will leave you in self check. And please dont ask me what you said that was wrong because that would only further prove your own ignorance. >=)

Reply to
CCred68046

My 1980 Seville and my brothers 81 Eldorado both had Factory CB's built into the radio. Remote Mic controls and all.

Reply to
JR

LOL.

Ever see one with a 350 in it?

Reply to
Commentator

The Monza was built on the same floor pan, looked better, and had a small V8 as an option. 350 was an easy swap. You had to do a lot of gutting on the Vega to make it road worthy.

Reply to
John Alt

My exact words were "ignorant comments." I did not call your post ignorant. Your comments were ignorant, especially the one about having an electrical device (pump) in the tank. What do you suppose a fuel gauge sending unit is? Same voltage, same potential for disaster (not).

Bitching? i think you're confusing between the two of us.

It's not about what I said that was wrong, it's about what you said that was wrong. Start with your 'electric fuel pumps are bad because that means electricity in the fuel tank'. What rubbish.

You and BJ are free to be Luddites if you so choose but the reasons you cite for being such, are not and never will be a matter of fact.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Yes.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I think you're reading way too much into what you read.

I believe he said he got it cheap.

That works as long as you have assurances that your pollution doesn't make its way over to me. Since that hasn't been accomplished yet, it's invalid.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I guess so.

Yes and I knew this when I asked him if he liked it?

Yes but with how much you whine I don't care if my pollution makes it's way over to you.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Of course. ;-)

What ever you say. ;-) ;-)

Means absolutely nothing.

typo-ona-purposha ?

What is it that makes you think that I don't believe you?

I think it was an assumption unfounded.

Riiiiiiiiiight. ;-) The holes in the body, the wobbling wheels, the multiple fluid leaks, etc, etc. etc....

$100 a week is a house payment, or damn close to it.

Why? There is nothing inherently wrong with GMs TBI systems.

Might I suggest some courses at a local technical college? Because ya know, based upon some of your old posts, you seemed easily flummoxed by something as simple as a basic choke and its related components. (go ahead, tell me again how good carburetors are)

No, I don't think I was wrong. A choke angle gauge was outside your budget IIRC.

You need to learn a few things if you hope to stand a chance continuing this further.... Dragsters are off road use and as such, exempt from emissions regulations. Most dragsters -do- use electric fuel pumps. The -fuel injected- dragsters seem to be much quicker and faster in the quarter mile than the carbureted vehicles and since fuel in equals horsepower out, drag vehicles, (or any other race vehicle for that matter) tend to not waste fuel to begin with and for the most part tend to run exceptionally clean.

Now then.... If you happen to meet up with any other straw men, feel free to include them in this discussion.

Ay yup.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Vega's were self gutting.

You could watch them rust right before your very eyes.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Also noticed you didn't respond to the people just 'wasting fuel going round in circles, etc. Guess that's okay?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Fine, then my army bombs the shit out of your army and civilians and you all get to live in mud huts drinking water from the river where the cows piss for the next 400 years.

And KJ, check the posts again, it's not me whining. It's the 'it's a GM conspiracy that there's an electric fuel pump in the tank and I can't muster a little thought and effort for the span of an hour and a half to change it out' crowd that doing all the whining.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Huh?

As a straw man argument, that doesn't even rate a F-

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I said nothing about pumps. I've never had to change one, so I don't have an opinion about them. I see you get your exercise by jumping to conclusions.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

So basically because it is a waste and your complaining about emissions etc. you say "no comment" because you know you can't win. OK.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Check the subject line.

You're replying because?

Again, check the subject line.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Dunno KJ, does anyone ever win against someone so lost?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Going to try to make this my 'definitive post' because this is growing weary. (Perfect chance for you to get the last word you realize)

There are many people who like carbs, I'm not the only one. Some people like TBI, your not the only one. They are oppinions, plain and simple. Both sides can be supported.

Okay then? I like circles too I guess....

Don't see a typo in there still, but I'm not great at spelling. Never said I was either.

"That's nice" Can hear the sarchasm through the screetching of my modem.

Must be the fact that I'm a moron, but that makes no sense. Is the unfounded assumption that your being abusive...?

Used to grin ear to ear when I drove it. Kept me wrenching, and those problems were never a worry because I had the money to keep up with them, etc, etc. etc....

As I said, I had/have the funds. My new truck is still that $100-$110 a week in gas, so I don't see where the improvement is in TBI. Not saying it isn't there, all I ever said was I LIKE carbs too, and that I don't care about the pollution & the gas millage. Guess I'll be at fault when I lift it and put bigger meats on it, and get even worse millage? Never said there was a GM conspiracy or any such thing. The "????" you may have construed as me saying something along the lines of "your daft, of course there is a cosipiracy" was actually "Your sentence made no sense."

Owned two TBI trucks in my life time. So far one of them has worked. Your replying to sarchasm. But this new rig is bringing me around to accepting them - but as I said I just like carbs.

Funny, don't TPS sensors go bad and cause the same kind of problems? Engine flooding, running rich/fast. Oh yes - they do - so that evil is inherent in both systems. But you can suggest whatever it is that you wish.

Actually you recall marsh telling me that I could jerry rig one, because HE thought it was money that could be better spent else where. I never actually got around to pricing one, so I'd have no idea if it was 'out of my budget'. Which was at the time, limited, because my job is commission based. But now things are peachy keen. Glad too see your so concerned about my welfare, but I can watch out for my own I don't need anyone to do it for me.

No, my opinions and beliefs are a function of my envrironment. Environment doesn't just mean the trees ya know. You know the old battle "nature or nurture".

Okay. I don't worry about it because it WAS legislated, and REPEALED.

Did I say they are not exempt? Oh yes, that's right I didn't say they need emissions. Oh yes, I didn't say they were or weren't off road, mainly because there are plenty of on-road dragsters. Oh yes, you missed the point completely. [that they serve no purpose, so they burn gas needlessly] Even a daily driver dragster is needlessly burning gas at the track, no matter how effecient.

Okay, again I never said *ANYTHING* about fuel pumps, your imagining things.

I never said that fuel injecton or carb was faster, again your answering what your reading not what I typed.

I never said they don't burn cleanly, in general the more efficent you make an engine, the more power you get. Again, *never* argued that fact (simply stated I didn't care). Why I mentioned race cars, is the fact that the only purpose they serve is to go fast, or go fast turn left, etc. So they *are* **needlessly** burning fuel - just like my carb engine. You don't use them to go get milk for your kids, or go to work. But your not crying crocodile tears about them, now are you?

That's okay, you sound wet enough to have just stepped out of the shower.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I think you'd be better served reading the CONTENT of a post, not the subject line. Carb systems came up in this post, so I posted my opinion. Never did I utter a single byte about the pumps in either system.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ