Average life of OEM Fuel Pump

So, you can't read and you can't comprehend.

That is my concern because?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Sorry for having an opinion about a specific part of a post, and not the part that was mainly addressed in the subject line. Hopefully this will fix everything, and we can each go back to our own none sensicle lives.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Hi!

As scanned from the "1979 Oldsmobile Owner's Manual". Even looks to be a 40 channel unit.

(I guess I knew there was a reason I saved that manual before the car was hauled away...)

I remember that my grandparents had one in their Cadillac. If memory serves it was not only a CB unit, but it also had an auto-reverse tape deck and AM/FM radio. I remember that it had some kind of operating mode where the tape or radio would play until a CB signal came in.

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hi!

Oh hell. Swiss cheese? KJ's old ride was 'just getting broken in'. It doesn't even look that bad from the outside!

William The Guesser & His "Rather Broken In" 1984 Sierra

Reply to
William R. Walsh

We had a 82 Cadillac Full size RWD that had the AM-FM-Cassette-CB(40 Channel) and electric antenna. The CB was actually a pretty decent performer. You could set the squelch on the CB and listen to the AM-FM until the CB got a signal. IIRC you couldn't listen to the Cassette and have the CB on. The CB mike mounted under the dash near the drivers right leg, with the cord going up under the dash into the back of the radio. The antenna had a "load coil" (I think that is what it was called) about 2/3 of the way up it. The co-ax cable from the antenna split under the dash with one piece having a screw on connection that connected to the CB section and the other had a regular plug that plugged into the AM-FM section. The radio had 5 push buttons for AM stations, and also 5 for FM. Of course it had a clock and Seek/Scan buttons for the AM-FM. I can't remember if you could use the Seek/Scan on the CB or not. The CB had a Channel 9 priority setting, where you could listen to the AM-FM, or use the CB on another channel and if anything was on Channel 9 it would override it and go to Channel 9.

All in all it was a pretty good set-up for 1981.

Reply to
Diamond Jim