back up camera

I have a 2015 ram 2500 6.4L Tradesman. It has no back up camera. I have a uconnect 5.0 system. There is a large cable that goes into the tailgate. If
I bought an OEM camera that goes into the tailgate latch do you think that I can connect it to that cable and have a backup camera. I understand that a dealership may have to enter a code into the uconnect system.