Brake lights

My rear brakes on the 1995 K1500 are'nt working. Reverse lights, flashers and turn signals are working. Not getting voltage from brake switch to
relay. Can the switch be changed out without removing the steering column?

Most definitely. Check the brake switch and the signal switch. Try turning on and off the emergency flashers before going any farther. The switch can stick between on and off, shutting off the brake lights.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well, I had to take the dash apart, unbolt the steering column and move it out of the way. I can now get to the switch but how do you get the clip off? Do you just pry up on it until it pops off the end of the shaft with a scewdriver?

It is a NASTY little bugger to get off - it can be done with a pick and a long 1/4" screw driver (about 10 to 12 inches) even without dropping the column - but dropping it makes it a bit easier. The pich lifts the fingers, then you pry it off sideways.