Best Manual For S10/Sonoma?

Anybody know any better alternative to Haynes & Chiltons? I have a '99 Sonoma. Both Haynes and Chiltons publish a manual that covers S10/Sonoma 1994-1999 but I find that at least 90% of the info contained therein applies to 94-98 years and does not take into account changes made for 99. 1999 seems to have fallen thru the cracks. Most of the pics captioned "4 Cylinder 2.2L" don't even look like my engine. I just replaced water pump and I noticed that Haynes' instructions for removing the fan and fan clutch on 2.2L bear no relation to reality when it comes to my 1999, even though the instructions clearly state "For 2.2L engine..." Again, apparently they are referring to earlier models. Now I don't even know if I can trust such data as capacities, etc. Would like a better, more accurate reference source if anyone knows of one. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Thomas

I have the Haynes manual and also am displeased with what it contains. Seems they publish an all in one for several years and not much on a year by year model It claims to be based on a complete overhaul/breakdown.. the wiper motor removal in mine stated "remove the nut on end of wiper motor arm". In fact it was a pull-off fitting... I also would like a better breakdown. Jimw

Reply to
Jimw

Reply to
Mike Levy