Broken Parking Brake release cable(91 Silverado)

Today i went to release the parking brake on my 91 silverado(stick Shift) and it came right out. The cable broke right below the square metal piece. My question: is it a easy/cheap fix??? Any idea if autozone carries the parts? ThankS!

Reply to
fstenoughsnoopy

Hold on, I'll call them and find out for you.

Reply to
Battleax

Thanks Sarcastic! I need help not your want to be funny comments

Reply to
fstenoughsnoopy

Thanks Sarcastic! I need help not your want to be funny comments

Reply to
fstenoughsnoopy

it's cheap, easy, and only available at the dealer

Reply to
Battleax

Call a dealer for him.

Reply to
Scott

If you still have something to hook to, grab a metal coat hanger and hook it up then bend a U in the other end. Did this in my 86 blazer and it was there for a good 7 years never had a prob again, and it was a standard so i always used the e-brake. Not the prettiest solution but it does work and it's cheap.

Scott wrote:

Reply to
89GMC

Thanks for your help