chevy silverado2003v6

hi i need to ask a ? if any1 know s when i start my truck up it has an antifreeze smell coming from up front under the hood need to know if any1 can tell me the probelm the motor only has 30,000 miles on it should i take i to the daler and get it checked out by them please if u have an aswer please emil me back at my add

hope u have a wonderfulday

Reply to
bobby b the silveradoman

I have the same vehicle, and have noticed a slight antifreeze smell after the engine is warm and the heater is on full. This has been happening almost since I bought the truck. I had the oil changed last week, and the coolant was slightly low in the jub, but the mechanis said that that was norman.

V.B.

Reply to
vb

chevy silverado2003v6 Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Jan 18, 2004, 1:13pm From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby=A0b=A0the=A0silveradoman) hi i need to ask a ? if any1 know s when i start my truck up it has an antifreeze smell coming from up front under the hood need to know if any1 can tell me the probelm the motor only has 30,000 miles on it should i take i to the daler and get it checked out by them please if u have an aswer please emil me back at my add hope u have a wonderfulday

um well? Sounds like you have a leak somewhere...Have you looked to try and find it? Or just smelled around? Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Re: chevy silverado2003v6 I have the same vehicle, and have noticed a slight antifreeze smell after the engine is warm and the heater is on full. This has been happening almost since I bought the truck. I had the oil changed last week, and the coolant was slightly low in the jub, but the mechanis said that that was norman. V.B.

You probly have a seeping intake gasket...Have it looked at...When I get a low coolant jug lets say...I know there is eighter a leak or there was air trapped in the system....Did he really look at it or did he just say it was normal..Where did you get the oil changed at a fastlube place or a real garage? If you smell collant you have a leak,,,, Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook