Cranks but wont start! Any ideas? 92 Silverado V6 Manual

Never had this problem until today. Sarted it up to head to the grocery store and no problems at all. Came out from the store and it woud crank and crank and crank, but would not turn over. Any ideas? Could it be a relay, cable, fuel pump, filter? Battery was starting to die so I stopped trying to start it. Fortunately I live very close to the store.

Reply to
chevy man

I have a 93 gmc v6 manual, that happened to me the other day. Hold the gas petal to the floor while you try to start it. Might sound wierd but its worth a try, it worked for me.

Reply to
1993GMC

Wow, that exact thing happened to me over the summer! (Don't know why that's 'exciting' but, anyway) I was goin on lunch break and I left the office (my '99 Z71 started up just fine) and went into the grocery store and got some milk. Came out and tried to start and it fired for a split second (or so it sounded) then died. I kept trying to crank it but nothing happened. I had just replaced my pump and I was hoping it wasn't just being ornery but it turns out it was the fuel pressure regulator. It was really inconvenient having it in the grocery store parking lot so just to get it out of the way I popped off the tube that connects to the fuel line and stuck my thumb on it (and held really really tight) while my friend turned the key. I only live a short distance from the store so I drove it just enough to get back home and park it. Ya don't wanna drive it more than you have to like that. Anyway, I did some shopping around and found a good FPR for a good price and then it was just a matter of popping off the old one and popping in the new one. No need to take it to a shop, it's so easy a cheerleader could do it (well....maybe). Good luck!

In Christ Alone

chevy man wrote:

Reply to
JesusFreak