92 Caravan with hard start

My 92 caravan is giving me a hard time starting. It started fine Friday afternoon-we didn't drive it again until yesterday afternoon (sunday) and it was a hard start. After it started it had sort of a gasolin smell. Today same thing-it was a hard start but it started then a gasoline type smell. it ran fine I got to the grocery store turned it off and started it again it started fine-no problem at all. Did the shopping-came out hard start-got home turned it off and tried it again-again no problem starting it after it had been running. Any ideas on what I'm looking at as a problem? Battery? alternator? filter somewhere that might be clogged????

Thanks Naomi snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
Naomi

When was the last time you had the Throttle Body cleaned??

What engine size do you have?

How many miles/kms??

Some shops clean the throttle body as part of a tune-up (the good shops). Cheapie shops wont do it unless they charge you a lot extra. When was your last tune-up?

Reply to
Cloaked