Do I have a 1959 or 1960 Chevy PU?

The VIN number of my PU says it's a 1960 ( 0C144J116659 ), but it looks like a '59. It's a Fleetside with 123 inch wheelbase and a 283. When I mention that the speedometer read slow to a friend, he laughed and said he had the same model when he was younger. He claims that there was a strike and that some of the trucks were put together by non-union workers. He also said he used to carry a spare wiper motor under the seat, because the gears were plastic and would break. I couldn't find any mention of a strike or walkout during '59 or '60 at the UAW web site, but there was one in '58 that affected '59 model availability. Does any one know anything about this?

Thanks, Charlie Brett

Reply to
Charlie Brett

What year does the title say?