Engine Light

Hello to All, would anyone know how to turn off the "service engine soon " light on my 98 Silverado with a 350. I believe I know what caused it to come on, I mistakenly installed a K&N air filter. I know, I know, many people in this new group have advised not to so but I guess I am one of those guys who have to learn the hard way. Thank you Ed

Reply to
Ed Atyeo

You need to have the PCM scanned and see WHY the SES light is on dude. It's possible your K&N cooked the MAF sensor and it needs to be cleaned/replaced. Resetting the light without seeing what turned it on is just plain stupid.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

cleaned/replaced.

Reply to
Ed Atyeo

Yes, but it might not need to be cleaned. Have the PCM scanned FIRST, then start thinking about repairs.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to