Failed Inspection: Emergency Break

I had my truck inspected today but it failed because the emergency break does not hold it. The person who inspected it told me this is common on my model. It's a 2001 Silverado, 5.3, with auto trans, 75.000 miles.

Is this a fix I could do on my own? If so, how?

Thanks for any help

Jay

Reply to
Jay Stevens

Adjust the parking brake shoes, and then adjust the parking brake cables. There is also NHTSA Campaign #05V161000 and also NHTSA Defect Investigation #EA04011 which relate to a TSB issued January

2005.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

stupid pigs are always looking for an excuse to fail vehicles.

Reply to
cribdeath