Do all 2000 tacoma leaf springs break?

Hey everyone,

I got under my truck, a 2000 Tacoma, today to tighten the emergency brake cable based on excellent advice from this group.

I noticed the right leaf spring is broken! I can't say for how long, but the middle of three is broken. I've known two other people with 2000 model year Tacoma's, and they too have had broken springs and warned me to be on the lookout.

I'm going to call Toyota tomorrow, but I bet I'm on my own on this one. Is this a common problem? With a google search I see other older Toyotas has issues but nothing as new as year 2000.

Good source of aftermarket leaf springs??

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

My 1998 had a leaf break under the factory warranty which needless to say was pretty soon. They replaced them (have to do both sides) and it hasn't broken since. The shocker was the price: $1400 +/- for the springs and labor! NWOR sells springs but I can not vouch for them although their front coils are pretty good - and they are a hell of a lot less than what the dealer wants.

Reply to
Colon Blow

My 97 broke one, but my 2000 is holding ok. I guess a usual Web search would locate breakers who stock this spring.

-paul

Reply to
Paul Cassel