Fog Lamps, 2003 Silverado

There was a thread going about three months ago about fitting foglamps to a truck that didn't come with them from the factory. I recently added the OEM lamps to my 2003, there is a vendor on eBay selling a complete kit at what I consider a fair price-just over $200 including shipping. This is a complete kit, lights, wiring harness, relay, and IP switch. Also included are complete and clear instructions. My local dealer could hook me up with the same thing-for almost $500 installed. This does include the computer programming (a requirement-won't work without that), but my dealer didn't make any fuss about doing it as a standalone service for $80.

If you don't replace the front bumper apron, you will have to cut out the openings for the fog lamps, this is not a big deal. On my truck, the apron was replaced, a separate action due to being damaged by a REALLY bad rail crossing that tore out the RF tire sidewall, chewed up the rim and gouged up the apron. And the truck was being driven at a crawl-loose spike did it all... Anyway, the RR finally settled with us, so the apron was replaced with a new one. We got a black one, as the 05-06 MY has, looks a lot better than the gray with my carmine red paint.

Completely pleased with the results, well worth the cost...

CYa,

JM

Reply to
JBJaguar