Fresh/Recycle Door cycles.

Here's a strange one (as are most electrical probs it seems).

If I run the A/C when it is hot outside, it will automatically go to recirculate mode (where it stays) until I hit about 45 - 50 mph. then it will go back to fresh which is where I have it set. (and no, I don't have the temp control turned too far to cold where it will automatically go to recirc.)

The hotter it is outside, the faster I need to be driving. I thought that perhaps the problem was the head unit, but I just had that replaced recently on a different problem, and it still does the exactly the same thing. The fresh/recirc problem only occurs when the a/c is on.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Chevguy

Greetings,

You don't mention what vehicle you have or how hot it is outside vs. inside the cabin when this happens, but this very well could be normal behavior if the temp is very hot and the vehicle senses that the AC isn't cooling down the inside of the cabin enough depending on where you have the control set.

If you've recently had the control head replaced then the programming for the new unit could be slightly different that what you are used to. Just so long as the recirc door isn't continually going back and forth between fresh and recirc without stopping then it doesn't sound like you have a problem.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

It is a '99 Yukon (old body style). I had a '98 silverado with the exact same head unit and it didn't do this. This is why I became curious.

Reply to
Chevguy