Bike carrier.

Some years ago I saw a bike carrier that was just a couple of bent metal tubes with threaded ends that fitted onto a couple of the spare wheel carrier bolts on a Defender.

Now I want one I can't find anyone who sells them...

Anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
William Black

Personally I wouldn't use them. The spare wheel is enough of a challenge. I have the Pendle carriers on the 110. A plate comes from the Towball bracket and then tubes slot in. The ones I have are actually for a car so not long enough to use with the spare in situ. Doh!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sorry, but if I could afford a Pendle I wouldn't want a £16 bike rack... :-)

Reply to
William Black

True enough.. I gave £50 for mine second hand.. which is why its not the specific one. I'd not scared myself with the new price for a while.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D