Hard Brake Pedal

I the morning when I first start my 2002 S-10 and before I start the engine the brake pedal is very hard like pushing on a brick wall. As soon as the engine starts the pedal is back to normal until the next morning. Have never had this before and this is my third S-10. Any thoughts and views???

Reply to
Boots

I have the same "problem" on my 04 Sierra. Hard pedal first thing in the morning. It's not really a problem as long as the brakes are working right. It is an indication that the vacuum booster is leaking down. As long as it stays for an hour or so you're ok. You might have a pinhole in the booster diaphram, or a small defect in the check valve.

KenG

Boots wrote:

Reply to
KENG

views???

Reply to
Boots

That brake have a vacum booster that assit them and the resivoir ususally hold vacum for some time. You may and a pin hole leak in it or the in the valve the feeds it and is supposed to close off and save vacum when engine is off or vacum is low (like wide open throttle)

Reply to
SnoMan

views???

Reply to