heater hose fitting

1990 c1500 2wd 350/700 Why does GM use that fitting in the intake at the rear pass side.Why not just a nipple? I have replaced this 2 times in the last 4 years. Can anyone tell me what the thread size would be to replace with a nipple? Its leaking again and this is my only transportation,would like to get the parts before I pull it out. Oh yeah its the heater hose core to intake that im talking about. Thank You
Reply to
racer-x

bobo

Pretty sure it's 1/2" pipe, I had one of those (the original) fail and it crumbled upon attempt to remove. I had to carefully drill it out and EZ Out what was left, and I ran a pipe tap down the threads just to clean it up, and then vacuumed out the hole as best I could to remove the bits. I'm guessing they use a snap together type fittiing like that for quicker assembly as the truck goes down the line. I did notice that the replacement fitting I got appeared to be made from a different material. It's been fine since the original reapair, 7-8 years now. Good Luck, Ed

Reply to
Ed White