Aftermarket Cruise Control for S-10/Sonoma?

Once Upon A Time even K-Mart had aftermarket cruise controls on the shelf. Would appear these days the only option available is to order a unit as not even the autoparts stores stock anything.

Have seen J.C. Whitney's catalog listings. I can't tell their "good", "better", "best" apart other than price. The more expensive *might* include an accurate OEM-look control but whether one does or not is buried in Whitney-speak.

I was happier with the electric servo in the aftermarket unit on my 1986 VW Golf than with vacuum servo units on previous cars.

Would it be practical to retrofit an OE GM CC from a salvage yard?

So what units work well in this truck? What units should be avoided?

What vendors support their wares and offer interesting prices?

2001 Sonoma 2.2L 5-speed
Reply to
David Kelly

I'd suggest installing a factory one into your truck. The wiring is all there, all you will need is the control box and cables that mount to the firewall that run to the throttle body and the new switch on the inside.

Reply to
twins0203