Where's a good place/great price for a 99 Suburban Fuel pump?

I've got a 99 Suburban 5.7L that's got a seriously cavitating fuel pump. Just before I bought it, the seller replaced the fuel filter which was seriously clogged, which I suspect has led to lots of strain for the fuel pump.

I live in fear that I'll fill up the tank and have it crap out on me, and I'll have no way to drop the tank because of the weight.

So, I'm looking to replace the fuel pump when it's low. Where's a good place with a great price for a fuel pump that will last? (If Kragen or Autozone have good ones, that's fine. I don't want to be replacing it in a year though.)

Meanwhile, my Suburban sounds like it has a jet turbine on it.

Justin

Reply to
J Masters

I guess it depends on just how loud your pump is, but believe it or not it's normal to hear the pump whine. My 1999 Z71 has always made a whining sound that you can here standing next to it at idle. Even over the sound of my Dynomax Exhaust. I would get the pressure checked to see if it's OK. You will have to look it up but I think around 60 lbs. is the normal.

HTH

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

My brother has a 99 chev 1/2 ton and it is very loud. I told him he should get it replaced and he told me it was like that since new so it must be normal. I just can't believe how loud it is.

Reply to
Daryl

Yeah, the service tech at the Chevy dealer that I bought it from said when I quit hearing it, then it's time to worry. ;-o

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

People have brought their truck in when they thought something was wrong with their fuel pump. Then there were those that were told the following, "Oh, that's a quite one."

HTH

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

Ha Ha Ha That's exactly what they told me!

Ha Ha Ha

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

;o)

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

Hehe... I'm too cheap to take my vehicle in to have them tell me that! :-)

But I had to laugh at the other person that said "When you can't hear it anymore, then that's the time to worry."

So I take it that it's never quiet, eh?

Just> Ha Ha Ha

Reply to
J Masters