Help!!

I've been troubleshooting a friends truck. We completely rebuilt the top half of the engine. Rebuilt heads, new cam, new timing chain, lifters, etc. It still has an issue with timing. We tried a new and swapped back to the old tps, map, iac sensors. The new ones didn't make a difference. I also tested the old one and tried a new icu under the dist. No help. It wasn't throwing any codes, but it would not run good when set at 0 deg. timing. It would stall and backfire. Bump the timing up to 4 or 6 deg. and it runs better, but still will backfire and fall on its face when you put your foot into it a bit. So I changed the knock sensor, connector, and ran a new wire most of the way up the harness. NOW it throws a code 43! I tried another new knock sensor, and still throws a code. If you unhook the battery, and let it sit a bit, it will run for a bit when you first hook it back up, then throw a check engine light, which will stay lit from then on. (only way to get it to stay off a bit is to unhook battery). Then it slowly starts running worse. I had the timing back down to 2 deg., and now just bumped it up to about 6 (this is with the icu plug unhooked), and it seems to run the same, maybe worse.

I also just tried a new computer tonight, no luck! Help! Doc??!!

Reply to
Jason

Oops...forgot to give the specifics of the truck.... 1993 Chevrolet 4x4

1/2 t> I've been troubleshooting a friends truck. We completely rebuilt the
Reply to
Jason

Stock cam? Bad timing set that retarded the timing?

Reply to
Steve W.

Truck is doing better. Still runs bad after it has run for a few minutes. Runs great for a few minutes, then you feel a loss in power, and it will hesitate when you punch the gas, sometimes even backfire thru tbi. Doesn't throw any codes. Tried a new computer again after I got the correct knock sensor and got that fixed. Still no luck. Anyone??

Steve W. wrote:

Reply to
Jason