Higher stall convertor

Can I put a slightly higher stall convertor in my 1995 TBI non-vortec Tahoe without needing any computer alterations?? I'm redoing the tranny, blew the reaction planetary and got a higher stall convertor in the package deal.

Reply to
Stephen

I'm not sure about the computer mods but unless you need a higher stall due to a cam change your only going to consume more fuel. There is no advantage to a higher stall unless your racing and need a higher RPM to launch the vehicle. Or you have a camshaft that requires a high idle.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

WHY ?????

What's the $%^^&^$#$ fascination with 'high-stall' ??????

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Makes you go faster????? Sounds more impressive when you're bench racing at the lunch counter?? Impresses the 16 yr olds??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

First off, you do not state what you are using your truck for.. Towing or racing ? Racing ?...Yes...High stall w/ trans-brake. Towing ? NO !!! need from

500 RPM to 5500... If anything, recurve dist. adv. curve to match R.V. cam, Freeflow exhaust and cats.
Reply to
Bowman65