how to identify year of 350?

my parents are going to look at some old camper, owner claims it has a 1997

350 in it. Anyway to verify this? First I thought the obvious was to make sure a carb wasnt sitting on top but this might not be the case as I'm guessing you can buy a intake/carb and put that onto a FI 350 and it would be alot easier then transfering all the FI electronics into an older vehicle.
Reply to
Max Power

Well, first thing, weren't 350's after 1996 vortecs? i assume thered be an engine code stamped for the vortec...

theres a few casting numbers i ran across

Reply to
Picasso

Make sure the dipstick is on the passenger side. Should also have center bolt valve covers, I think. Without decoding the casting numbers you can't even be sure it's a 350.

You'll probably find a carb on it since most people are afraid to swap in EFI.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light