I'm about to burn this G^%&*DAM GMC pick-up

"Dairmada" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

That kind of voltage fluctuation is diffently not normal. And the ECM expects to see X voltage at pin W, just like your home computer expects to see 12 volts, 5 volts, 3.3 volts and even negative 5 and 3.3 on some pins. Power supply starts flipping out system gets goofy.. You got sensors running in millivolts, and that kind of a flux is going to throw them all to hell. So then I think your hammering the wrong stuff. You have a voltage supply issue going on, ether a ground issue, or a short to ground. In the old days the wires going to down to the starter ran awfully close to the right side exhaust manifold, and we saw lots of issues were they got up against the manifold. There are some vehicles where the charging system is controlled by the ECM, but I do not know if yours is one, memory tells me that was more a MOPAR thing. Another possibility is there are "self exciting" alternators on the market, sometimes marketed as "single wire" alternators. Anyways some of these things don't start producing voltage until a certain rpm, say 2000 rpm, and below 1000 they quit and you somehow got one of them if the alt was changed. A battery with a shorted cell can cause this as well. Are the O2 sensors "heated sensors"? They draw amperage, couple the draw with a voltage problem could explain why it idles better with them disconnected. And as an O2 sensor is just a fancy Thermocouple, a device that generates/varies electricity when it gets heated, like the device the pilot flame heats to let a gas valve now the pilot is lit on a furnace or hot water heater, if your voltage is off, its signal will be off and trip a code.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

If you have TPI, remove the air intake hose where it attaches in front of the engine, top, and you will see the butterfly. It will be dirty as shit. Use some carb cleaner, clean it up real good and away you go.

Reply to
AZ John

Wouldn't you want to use throttle-body cleaner? Isn't carb cleaner too strong of a solvent for the coating on throttle-body valves?

Reply to
NapalmHeart