Inner tie rod end- 1992 chev g20 rally sport, 2WD,305 auto OD,

i have my G2500 up and it looks straight forward to do the G20 Chev window van

disconnect the tie rod end from the spindle, remove the large nut on the steering arm side, then pound it out and replace as close as possible to the original threaded position, then take it to the garage for an alignment and balancing...grease and lube everything while i am in there... did i miss anything?i it looks pretty straightforward but then again, i am not sure if it is as simple as it looks...i dont want my poor van sitting in the air for a week while i find the time to correct my mistakes.

Reply to
mathusala_jones

I prefer to take a measurement than count threads. You think every manufacturer puts the same amount of threads on their products? Doubtful.

James

Reply to
James1549

I'd suggest one of two things. Either let the garage do the entire job (including the tie rod), or do your own toe set.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon