Leer Tonneau Covers Suck Real Bad

Anybody know an outlet where I can get some hardware to replace the closing and locking mechanism on a Leer fiberglass lid for my Chebby truck bed?

You should really examine how these things are delivered. It looks really good from the outside, but the engineer who designed the mechanics must have been a stoned terrorist agent who had been recently blinded and suffered a lot of brain damage.

Their warranty department simply does not respond to inquiries.

This thing is less than 6 months old, and the hardware is quite literally rusted through - probably from the resins curing - already.

The lock is controlled by a simple cable mechanism - so if you hit a bumb, or the load in the bed shifts and bumps the cable, the lid flys open! LOL! Really. You would think these folks would be concerned about safety issues? Well, they ain't...

Anybody got any leads on a good hardware source? I figure I could just flip the lid over, and refit it with some stainless stuff or something like that - just nowhere to look out here in these woods.

Thanks!

Reply to
to-X-ic